PDA

View Full Version : Hallo aus Kanada!

Monica
27th August 2010, 18:02
Ich bin sehr (ganz?) happy (froh?) zum sprechen Deutsch mit ihr und typing es auch.

That being said, I just have to put this part in English so you will know a bit about me and then from here on in I will always type in German as best I can as I learn, unless someone requests English from me. I also just tried to use the 'embarrassment face' but it didn't work...

I actually come from German parents who over the long years spoke more and more English only. I seem to have picked up the familiar way to speak to people and also dialect-type words. I'm at the point in my life where I'm starving to speak German properly and so am doing my own lessons on the train to work and also listening to a cd every morning and afternoon in my car. I have been doing this for about 2 weeks.

I can read and understand much more then I can write or speak back and this is what I'm trying to correct. I also would like to use more professional words, not just words like 'Vater braucht die Zeitung.'

I will be thrilled to communicate with all and am so excited there is such a web site!

Heide
27th August 2010, 19:18
Hallo Monica!

Herzlich Willkommen im Forum! Es ist schön, dass du schon etwas Deutsch kannst, auch wenn es nicht perfekt ist. Hier kannst du es üben und verbessern. Es gibt viele Übungen, die du machen kannst und wenn du willst, kannst du einen Tutor haben. Du kannst jederzeit Fragen stellen. Schreib so oft wie möglich auf Deutsch und wenn jemand dein Deutsch verbessern soll, schreib kw' (für 'Korrekturen Willkommen') unter deine Nachricht. Jemand wird dann deine Fehler korrigieren.

Wir freuen uns, dass du hier bist. Viel Spaß beim Deutschlernen!

In case you haven't understood what I wrote, just let me know and I'll repeat it in English. :)

Gruß

lewis82
28th August 2010, 08:51
Hallo Monica! Wo wonnst du, in Kanada? Ich wohne auch in Kanada, in Québec. :)

hyde7
28th August 2010, 13:38
Hi Monica! Glad we finally got your registration completed OK. Willkommen im Forum!

Monica
29th August 2010, 05:20
Hallo Lewis82. Ich bin aus Ontario.

Monica - KW

Monica
29th August 2010, 05:26
Danke Heidi!
Ich habe sie furstehen and Ich schriebt jetzt immer KW im grossen Buchstaben! Aber was ist Spass?

Alas Gute,
Monica - KW

Monica
29th August 2010, 05:58
Danke, Hyde! Ich bin jetzt aufrechnend der site.

Heide
29th August 2010, 06:38
Danke Heidi!
Ich habe Sie furstehen verstanden and ich schriebe jetzt immer KW in grossen Buchstaben! Aber was ist bedeutet Spass?

Alas Gute,
Monica - KW

Es freut mich, dass du alles, was ich geschrieben habe, verstehst.

Spaß haben = to have fun/a good time
Viel Spaß! = (have) a lot of fun/a very good time
Viel Spaß beim Deutschlernen = have fun learning German

One other thing I want to mention. In this forum we are all quite friendly and so we use the familiar form of you: du (singular) and ihr (plural) :)

Bis dann

Monica
30th August 2010, 17:48
Danke, Heidi>

'bedeutet' (It's so strange. I know this word when I hear it but would never think to use it when speaking or especially writing. Such are my current limitations.)

Mitt vielen schreiben, meine Deutsch verbessen soll.

Heide
31st August 2010, 05:55
Danke, Heidi> Gern geschehen!

'bedeutet' (It's so strange. I know this word when I hear it but would never think to use it when speaking or especially writing. Such are my current limitations.)

Mitt vielen schreiben, meine Deutsch verbessen soll. Mit viel Schreiben/Beim Schreiben werde ich bestimmt mein Deutsch verbessern.

Da ich keine Muttersprachlerin bin, wird jemand vielleicht mein Deutsch korrigieren. :)

Maybe you'd like to open a thread in the Beginner Tutoring folder where you will get corrections from different people. That way you can write a lot and be sure you will be getting the best instruction. Of course, if you'd like to start right off with a native speaking tutor, you can ask for one in the Intermediate/Advanced Tutoring thread.

Gruß