PDA

View Full Version : Hallo aus Maine !

Alan Browne
2nd October 2010, 03:39
This is Alan. I used to visit the old forum . Does anyone remember me? I hope to come more often than before. My fiancee and I have broken up. It is better that way for both of us. I still want to improve my Deutch, so bitte korregieren Sie alles deutche was ich schreibe.
Ich wohne in Maine, im Nord von USA. Ich nicht weit von Canada. Das ist alles für heute, TschÜss.
KW bitte

ALAN

Heide
2nd October 2010, 06:05
Hallo Alan!

Willkommen zurück! Of course I remember you. I'm sorry that you and your fiancee (Judy?) have broken up, but. as you say, it is often better that way. You already know a lot of German -- really! -- so if you come here often enough, you will improve it greatly. :)

Hier is ein bisschen 'kw' for you (You may see further corrections to my corrections):

I still want to improve my Deutsch, so bitte korregieren Sie bitte alles deutche, was ich auf Deutsch schreibe. Hast du vergessen, dass wir uns in diesem Forum duzen? (korrigier bitte alles ... )
Ich wohne in Maine, im Norden von der USA, Ich nicht weit von/unweit von Kanada. Das ist alles für heute, TschÜss.

Gruß

rineman4
3rd October 2010, 19:48
Hallo Alan!

Ja, ich kann mich dich erinnern. Willkommen:)

Möchtest du einen geburtstager Wunsch bekommen?

Alles Gute

Catherine
k.w

brownie227
4th October 2010, 02:09
This is Alan. I used to visit the old forum . Does anyone remember me? I hope to come more often than before. My fiancee and I have broken up. It is better that way for both of us. I still want to improve my Deutch, so bitte korregieren Sie alles deutche was ich schreibe.
Ich wohne in Maine, im Nord von USA. Ich nicht weit von Canada. Das ist alles für heute, TschÜss.
KW bitte
hallo people you will not believe what I had to go thru to get into this forum. Just trying now
Alan

brownie227
4th October 2010, 02:10
this is incredible it took me 5 days to get back in here. Testing now.
Alan

Robin
4th October 2010, 03:10
Hello, Alan. Apparently you have set up a new account. I had to unmoderate your messages again, which is why they didn't show up. I am now going to unmoderate your new user so your messages always show up immediately. Hyde has informed me about your having problems with logging in, and if you can describe them to me in a detailed fashion, maybe I can figure out what is going on.

Robin
4th October 2010, 03:27
Looking at the registered users I found three different users set up during the past few days: Brownie, brownie303 and your current one. Are the others yours as well? They never posted. Can I remove them?

hyde7
4th October 2010, 21:54
Robin wrote: Looking at the registered users I found three different users set up during the past few days: Brownie, brownie303 and your current one. Are the others yours as well? They never posted. Can I remove them?
Hi Alan,
Can you tell us about Robin's question? I hope you're logging in OK now.

brownie227
7th October 2010, 02:03
\
Looking at the registered users I found three different users set up during the past few days: Brownie, brownie303 and your current one. Are the others yours as well? They never posted. Can I remove them?

Hallo Robin,
all the people you mentioned are me. ( Ich bin alle Leute die su sagst) Yes, please do delete Brownie, and Brownie 303. I still don't know why I had so much trouble logging into the forum, but now everything seems to be OK, I logged in without any troubie.
I usually don't get up this early, but I wanted to see if I could still register, and , Lo and Behold ! it still worked. I shall return later during my lunch hour. I want to try some of the exercises.
Auf Weidersehen !
Brownie

brownie227
7th October 2010, 02:07
Yes, Hyde, I am logging in OK now. I have notified Robin. I'm looking forward to brushing up my German. Actually it used to be Schweizer Deutsch, but I want to learn REAL ?? German now. I hope the switch won't be too difficult.
Alan

hyde7
7th October 2010, 11:49
Hi Brownie,
I have deleted "Brownie" (fastmail.fm) and "Brownie2" (mail.com), who never posted, but you still have your "Alan Browne" ID (above), the original poster for this thread. I'm assuming you can't log in with that first ID, but you can with brownie227? (The Alan Browne ID is technically still valid.)

brownie227
8th October 2010, 20:29
Hallo Alan!

Ja, ich kann mich dich erinnern. Willkommen:)

Möchtest du einen geburtstager Wunsch bekommen?

Alles Gute

Catherine
k.w

Hallo Catherine,
ja, das wäre schön ! Meinen Geburtstag ist März 26. Vielen Dank !

ALAN

brownie227
8th October 2010, 20:31
Hallo Catherine,
ja, das wäre schön ! Meinen Geburtstag ist März 26. Vielen Dank !

ALAN

Nicki
9th October 2010, 03:53
Hallo, Alan!

Ich erinnere mich auch an Dich. Ob Du Dich umgekehrt an mich erinnerst – wer weiß? Ich heiße Dich jedenfalls auch willkommen. :)

Dominique

Hallo Catherine[,]!
Ja, das wäre [schön !] schön! [Meinen Geburtstag ist März 26] Ich habe am 26. März Geburtstag. (Od.: Mein Geburtstag ist am 26. März.) Vielen [Dank !] Dank!

Nicki
9th October 2010, 03:57
An: Catherine

Hallo Alan!

Ja, ich kann mich [dich] deiner (meist: an dich) erinnern. Willkommen! :)

Möchtest du einen [geburtstager Wunsch] Geburtstagsglückwunsch bekommen?

hyde7
9th October 2010, 13:01
An: Catherine
...Möchtest du einen [geburtstager Wunsch] Geburtstagsglückwunsch bekommen?
Danke, Nicki!

rineman4
9th October 2010, 21:02
Hallo, Nicki!

danke fuer die Korrekturen:)

Liebe Gruesse

Catherine
k.w

rineman4
9th October 2010, 21:17
Hallo, Hyde!

I am unsure how to proceed in an effort to encourage members to have their birthdays listed on the calendar. (if they wish) Alan has sent me his date, but that will only be on my list, am I right in saying that it must be entered in their profile before it transfers to the calendar?

Gruesse

Catherine
k.w

Heide
10th October 2010, 05:30
You can enter the date on the calendar yourself. Just go to 'Calendar' and on the upper right, you should see 'Add New Event'. You should also be able to access each month of the calendar, not just the current one.

hyde7
11th October 2010, 14:55
I am unsure how to proceed in an effort to encourage members to have their birthdays listed on the calendar. (if they wish) Alan has sent me his date, but that will only be on my list, am I right in saying that it must be entered in their profile before it transfers to the calendar?

Gruesse
Hi Catherine! If someone (like Alan) sends you their birthday date, please tell them they should enter it in their profile instead. Then it will automatically show up on the calendar, as you said. Members also have the option of entering the year or not. Birthdays on the calendar display at the bottom of the main forum page on the date of the person's birthday.

I'm going to post a special notice about this. In the meantime, please ask people to enter their birthday in their profile rather than sending it to you.

EDIT: We can discuss this further in the "Forum Assistants" folder.