PDA

View Full Version : Halo from America

Stariäna
15th December 2010, 17:43
My name is Änna, but I gave up at trying to get people to correctly pronounce my name years ago. I live in the southern portion of the states, and have for the most part of my life. As for my history with German, my mother's grandmother was German. I grew up with a few German phrases spoken by my father who worked for Siemens. I have always loved the language, and when I discovered the band, Rammstein, I loved the language even more. I was supposed to spend a good amount of time in Germany when I was 15, but the plans did not work out and I was really upset about that. I've been listening to the In-Flight German recordings, and it has helped me some; but I thought the best way to learn was to practice, learn to actually converse in German instead of mere memorization. So, I've come here seeking help! I have many languages on my list I would like to learn. I've dabbled in Latin, Spanish, Russian, and French. But I need to settle on working on one at a time. German it is! :D

I am looking forward to getting to know you all and hope to learn a great deal!

Heide
15th December 2010, 18:35
Hallo Änna!

Willkommen im Forum! This is a good place to learn and practice your German. One of the best ways to learn is to read and write as much as you can. You might like to start out writing something about yourself, your family, hobbies, pets, anything in German, as you have already in English. Just use simple words and sentences at the start. You can start off in the Beginning Tutoring folder by opening a thread under your name. You can also try some of the exercises. You can ask questions about the language or Germany at any time and take part in any discussion which interests you. There are already some messages about music and Rammstein. :)
We're glad to see you here.

Viel Spaß beim Deutschlernen!

Gruß