PDA

View Full Version : The New Guy

DanielSJ
1st January 2011, 21:01
Hallo! Ich heiße Daniel und ich am beginnen zu learnen Deutsch.

I'm a complete beginner in German but am fluent in English and French. I hope to learn German and Spanish (with another forum) to make me more marketable as a journalist and novelist, which are my dream jobs, and so that I can achieve my dream to live in Europe and travel (without most of the language barriers in place) when I'm older.

Any help and support would be appreciated.

Robin
2nd January 2011, 00:47
Hello Daniel, welcome to our forum. :) I believe we will be able to provide support for your effort in learning German. the first thing you should do if you want corrections for your German is to include the letters "KW" for "Korrekturen willkommen" in your posts so that you don't always have to ask for corrections. We do not, as a rule, correct posts in which interest in corrections is not clearly stated.

As a hint: whenever you think, in English, "I am doing something", using a progressive verb form, forget it and translate the simple verb form instead (I do). There is no progressive aspect in German at all.

DanielSJ
2nd January 2011, 14:11
Hello Daniel, welcome to our forum. :) I believe we will be able to provide support for your effort in learning German. the first thing you should do if you want corrections for your German is to include the letters "KW" for "Korrekturen willkommen" in your posts so that you don't always have to ask for corrections. We do not, as a rule, correct posts in which interest in corrections is not clearly stated.

As a hint: whenever you think, in English, "I am doing something", using a progressive verb form, forget it and translate the simple verb form instead (I do). There is no progressive aspect in German at all.

Oh I see. Thank you. :cool: