PDA

View Full Version : yo , or jo ? haha nyway hallo everyone ^^

Scage
16th January 2011, 18:57
hallo , Im Ahmed from egypt .. im 21 years old , and
my goal is to study german language and join university in germany because germany have rly good eudcation in general and many of best universties around the world , beside i love it ofcourse ^^
and i have to say that i like the forum and the people here already even before posting , because i was checking it before i register ,and it seems just very friendly ...& @ the admin nd the moderator your doing rly good job because i noticed your very active and answering most of the members question's etc i dont see that in most of the forums i use

i think that's all for now catch ya guy's in the forums :)

Heide
17th January 2011, 09:46
Hallo Ahmed!

Willkommen im Forum! Have you taken any German courses yet? Or are you learning on your own? If so, write a litte in German, so we can see how much German you do know. If you haven't yet begun to learn it, it is a good idea to take a basic on-line course, just to get the basic grammar and vocabulary. You can look here (http://www.aboutgerman.net/AGNforums/content.php?152-Recommended-German-Courses-for-Forum-Members) for some suggestions. If you have a problem getting to that page, you will have to log out of the forum. Then you should be able to get to the home pages where that article is. The Deutsche Welle programs are very good.
You can always ask questions at any time about anything you are learning about the language and you can also work with a tutor. Just post a message in the Tutoring-Beginning folder with your name in the thread title and someone will help you.

Viel Spaß beim Deutschlernen!

Scage
18th January 2011, 18:01
hallo Heide , ich nein habe deutsch kourse , und ich kein deutsch :D
i can't speak any deutsch lol ... i really know few words :P
well there's no german course's in egypt i was searching for one the last 2 day's and didn't find
there's only goethe instute if you know it ,, but to reach that C1 level it gonna take 2 years that's really long .. so it's not good for me i want to reach that level within 10 months maximum
hmmm can i learn it online from the start to that level ? or that's impossible ?
or should i search for private german langauge teacher here in egypt ? but im not gonna lie the teacher's here in egypt really sucks and the education so maybe the teacher gonna be suck
i prefer to learn it online from someone who speaking the langauge but is that possible or not ?

2nd thing i have some question's if you know about that it would be cool , i have question's about studying in germany , im currently a student in egypt in a computer high instution ,
at 3rd year ,,, i can counite studying in germany ? i mean like starting in germany from the 2nd year or something ? instead of starting of the first year
and what about studying in english is that possible in germany ? so i would learn english it wll be easier for me to learn english than german , and while im in germany i can slowley learn the german langauge

Robin
19th January 2011, 00:40
As far as I know studying in Germany is possible only if you can prove a certain level of German language capabilities. And studying in English isn't normal either, though I'm not saying there are no such courses. As for compatibility of courses, it is possible that the situation may have improved now that German universities offer bachelor and master degrees, which are designed to be internationally compatible, but I wouldn't bet on it. When I went to university (before the Bologna reform which introduced bachelor and master degrees) there was no mutual compatibility.

I doubt you will get very far within 10 months if you're starting from scratch, and without a personal teacher. I've looked at what c1 entails (http://www.fremdsprachenzentrum-bremen.de/1518.0.html). That's quite an ambitious goal even within two years. After better than 2 years of learning Russian I know I'm nowhere near that. That said, we do have a couple of students here who I would say have reached that level, and mostly by self-studying, too. But not within ten months.

As for English, maybe you should try and leave attempts at slang and coolspeak out of it and rather adhere to the standard rules. A mixture of slang with learner's mistakes isn't really helpful in trying to be understood. We can also help with English here, though our focus of course is on German.

Scage
19th January 2011, 02:01
thanks for your answer robin , so your saying you have couple of students here who reached that level , what do you mean by here the forums or what do you mean ?
it would be cool if i can learn the langauge here from A1 to B1 or C1

btw i searched about studying in germany in english i found bachelor's that are taught in english/german they said i need to pass levle B1 only then i can join and start on studying but they also require a good TOEFL iBT score ... and it will take some months from me to learn english to make a good TOEFL score that should be around 80 ,, so i guess the best way is just studying the german langauge and reach that level C1 from the forums here or online , right ?>

Robin
19th January 2011, 04:09
There are some students of German here on this forum who, as I would say, have reached a level which fits the description of C1. And seeing how C2 is the final level, it's a lofty goal to reach indeed.

That doesn't mean, however, that those students reached that level by visiting this forum alone. There has been a lot of personal work involved. Reaching such a level in any foreign language is no mean feat.

I would say that learning English is easier than learning German, but there may be some who disagree. ;) I can't really say how the levels compare to each other, I have never officially tried to get any such level or score.

superkat
19th January 2011, 04:50
I've looked at what c1 entails (http://www.fremdsprachenzentrum-bremen.de/1518.0.html).
Well, that description is only MILDLY TERRIFYING!!! Reading that, I'm fairly sure I'm not even C1 in English, let alone German!

Scage - one way of proving that your German's good enough to study at a German university is by passing the TestDAF (http://www.testdaf.de/index.php) (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache). The Goethe Institut does a course specifically to prepare people for the test, so that might be something you could look into!

Heide
19th January 2011, 06:15
I agree with what the others have said. It will be almost impossible to reach that C1 level in 10 months, but you can become proficient enough to understand, and to make yourself understood in, German in that time. In your situation, my suggestion would be to attend the Goethe Institute unless you find a very competent private tutor, preferably a native speaking German, so that you hear and learn the correct pronunciation of German. How long it actually takes depends on you. Even going to the Goethe Institute will not guarantee quick learning unless you put the time and effort in it yourself to learn. You should spend additional time reading in German, listening to German on the internet (such as podcasts, stories, music) and writing in a forum such as this one, where you can get corrections, along with explanations, to your German.

Viel Glück und viel Spaß beim Deutschlernen! (Good luck and have fun learning German)