PDA

View Full Version : Hallo

boldie
9th July 2010, 03:13
Est ist ein weile her dass ich furs latzten mahl Deutch geredet or geschrieben habe aber ich glaub est ist die zeit bekommen est weirder zu versuchen.

Wow, that was trickier than I thought.

I am Dutch and was therefore thought German in school. I actually was almost fluent in reading/writing and speaking German for quite a few years but living in the UK for the past 10 years meant I had very little use for it. I now find that, although I still speak it OK'ish, my writing ability has completely deserted me.

I am now getting job offers from companies in Austria and Germany and, although I have no desire to move back any time soon, I would like to brush up on my German again as it's a waste to let a 4th language go to waste like this.

If anyone reading any of my posts could comment and let me know where I'm going wrong (any typos etc.) that would be greatly appreciated.
Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I know my German is awful :)

Hope to stick around here for quite a while and get back the old fluency.

Cheers,

Boldie.

p.s. Please forgive me for using a double s where there should be an eszett (It always annoyed me tremendously whenever someone did this in school) but I have no idea how to get it on my keyboard.

Gitte3
9th July 2010, 04:48
Hello Boldie,
I wrote an answer to your post, but now I can't find it ! Although I've been active in German Forums for years , I am still not familiar with the new format of this forum. Maybe we can help each other !
Gitte

hyde7
9th July 2010, 12:11
p.s. Please forgive me for using a double s where there should be an eszett (It always annoyed me tremendously whenever someone did this in school) but I have no idea how to get it on my keyboard.

Willkommen! We have an article about typing German special characters here (http://www.aboutgerman.net/AGNforums/content.php?123-How-to-Type-Umlauts-in-the-Forum). You'll also more helpful tips in the "Home" section where this article is located.