PDA

View Full Version : Freutmich

gallows
14th February 2011, 00:48
Grüß dich,

Entschuldigung sie mein "broken German." :)

Ich heisse Josie oder Gallows und ich bin ein Student an der Universität "of Memphis." Ich komme hier für "grammar." Mein grammar ist nicht besonders güt.

Ich lerne Deutsch für zwei semester. "GERM 1020" jetzt.

Ich hoffe lernen viel hier.

"KW"

That's about the level I'm at. I'm really looking to not only communicate here but perhaps make a regular friend on some type of instant messenger (FaceBook or otherwise) to talk speak German with.

Robin
14th February 2011, 01:57
Hello, Josie!

Welcome to our forum. I have already set your account to "unmoderated", so your messages will now turn up immediately. If you want to get corrections you should put "kw" for "Korrekturen wollkommen" in your posts or even your signature.

"Josie" sounds female, but in your Valentine post you talk to a woman, so I'm undecided. ;) In case of corrections of a text like your introduction here it would be helpful to know your gender (Student / Studentin).

superkat
14th February 2011, 08:41
Hello!

If you ever decided to give up all that university nonsense in favour of the (much more sensible) career choice that is stand-up comedy, you could call your show "Gallows Humour"! (No need to thank me for the amazing name idea - it's enough for me just to have that warm glow of knowing I've helped! Along with a 50% cut of all your future profits. I do accept cheques. Ta.).

"Josie" sounds female, but in your Valentine post you talk to a woman, so I'm undecided. ;)

Aber zum Glück sind wir hier alle äußerst aufgeschlossen ;)

Naja, Geschlechtsidentitäten hin oder her: HERZLICHEN WILLKOMMEN HIER IM FORUM! Ich wünsche dir viel, viel Spaß beim Deutschlernen :D

gallows
14th February 2011, 14:33
Vielen dank!

@Robin: I'm a man. :)

I'll make sure to put "KW" in my posts from now on. I'll edit my current ones.

@superkat: You bet. It's already in the works.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Robin
15th February 2011, 00:51
Corrections:

Grüß dich,

That's singular. As there are more readers here, "Grüß' euch" (with the apostrophe signifying a dropped e) would be preferable.

Entschuldigen sie mein "broken German." :)

Well, normally we expect and accept only students with perfect command of the language here, but we may make an exception occasionally. ;) I mean, no need to apologize. We actually say "gebrochenes Deutsch" or, simpler, "schlechtes Deutsch".

Ich heiße Josie oder Gallows und ich bin ein Student an der Universität von Memphis. Ich komme wegen der Grammatik hierher. Meine Grammatik ist nicht besonders gut.

Ich lerne Deutsch seit zwei Semester. "GERM 1020" jetzt.

"Für 2 Semester" = for the duration of two semesters, and then it's over.

Ich hoffe hier viel zu lernen.