PDA

View Full Version : Hallo auf ImportGuy

ImportGuyR34
21st February 2011, 12:51
Hallo Alle! Ich heiße James. Ich komme auf Minnesota in Amerika.
Ich habe lerne deutsch. I've been learning for about 2 months now. I just discovered this site, I am also on About.com's Deutsch forums. I have been using Dw-tv.de as well as Rosetta Stone. It's kind of a slow process but I'm trying my hardest.

K.w.

Grüße,
James.

Heide
21st February 2011, 13:45
Hallo James!

Willkommen im Forum! We are glad that you have found this forum and hope that you find it helpful. There are a lot of people here, both native German speakers and other 'learners', who will be glad to work with you.

Here is a little 'kw' for you:

Ich heiße James. Ich komme auf aus Minnesota in Amerika.
Ich habe lerne Deutsch. Since you mentioned that you have been learning for 2 months, you can add that to your last sentence: Ich lerne seit zwei Monaten Deutsch.

Viel Spaß beim Deutschlernen!

Gruß
Ethel

ImportGuyR34
22nd February 2011, 10:41
Hallo Heide,
Simple mistakes, I make a lot of them. I noticed I did Auf in the title instead of Aus. Why is there no 'habe' there?

Heide
22nd February 2011, 14:25
Hallo Heide,
Simple mistakes, I make a lot of them. I noticed I did Auf in the title instead of Aus. Why is there no 'habe' there?

Don't worry about the simple mistakes! We all make them, sometimes over and over again.

There is no 'habe' in the sentence: 'Ich lerne Deutsch', because 'lerne' means I learn, I am learning, I do learn, I have been learning, this last one, especially, when combined with a time phrase, such as 'seit zwei Monaten – I have been learning German for 2 months. There is only one conjugated verb in a clause. You can say: Ich habe Deutsch gelernt (perfect tense), which means that you did learn German, but that indicates that you are no longer learning it. By the way, 'Ich habe Deutsch gelernt' means exactly the same as 'Ich lernte Deutsch'. The past tense and the perfect tense are interchangeable as to meaning. Both of those sentences mean "I learned German".

Hilft das?

hyde7
23rd February 2011, 12:01
Rosetta Stone is not very good for grammar. (I think it's overpriced and overrated.) But it will be good for pronunciation and vocabulary (up to a point).

ImportGuyR34
23rd February 2011, 12:49
It is VERY overpriced I would agree. Over rated I couldn't tell you since I've just begun to use it, and it is easier to me than some of the others I was trying to use. Anything you could recommend to me?