PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

BodiyahFelloh
17th September 2011, 20:33
Hello everyone, I don't know any German but I'm willing to learn! I'm going to go look at the exercise section now! Any advice for a beginner would be welcome :)

superkat
18th September 2011, 03:10
Hello BodiyahFellow (real name? nickname?)! Herzlich willkommen in unserem Forum!

I don't know any German but I'm willing to learn!
This is the best possible combination!

I'm going to go look at the exercise section now!
And this is just the icing on the cake!

Any advice for a beginner would be welcome :)
Yes: 1) be willing to learn and 2) go and take a look at the exercise section right now ;)

No, but seriously: I would suggest trying out some sort of German course, either offline or online. Online courses have the advantage, naturally, of being free ;) The mighty moderator of this forum, Hyde, wrote an excellent list of the available online options, which you can find here (http://www.aboutgerman.net/AGNforums/content.php?152-Recommended-German-Courses-for-Forum-Members). Unless you're spectacularly picky, I'm sure you'll be able to find something that appeals! Other than that, my advice would really just be to try and get a grip on the basic grammar, do lots of exercises here, open up a tutoring thread in the Beginners section so that you have someone who can explain things to you at your constant beck and call, read as much German as you can (start off with children's books, they tend to be less frightening. Well, apart from the monsters...), and... oh, hang on, there was something else, what was it? Oh yes: enjoy yourself!

Viel Spaß dabei :D