PDA

View Full Version : Angel Chimes

alter Knabe
7th November 2011, 09:42
OK, our Angel-Chime finally gave up the ghost a few years ago. I've been looking on-line at those available from Amazon and elsewhere around the web. There seem to be only one or two, which are available virtually everywhere, and are generally not well reviewed (poor quality, construction and materials) by those who have bought them. I even tried Amazon.de and there is nothing there! Can someone suggest where a good quality angel chime can be purchased? I tried ChristKindl-Markt, and while they have no end of rotating candle powered items, they have not one angel chime with ringing bells. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

superkat
14th November 2011, 13:13
Hello, alter Knabe!

Thanks for the (unintentional) education: before reading your message and my subsequent foray into Google, I wouldn't have known an Angle Chime if it had slapped me in the face! They're quite pretty, aren't they? :) (This is probably a bit harder to appreciate if you actually are being slapped in the face by one, mind)

I'm afraid I don't really have much advice to offer you, I just didn't like seeing this post all lonely and unreplied! Are you sure that none of the chimes listed on eBay (click here to see (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=angel+chimes&_sacat=See-All-Categories)) take your fancy? A lot of them do admittedly seem to be that same "original Swedish" design but, for example, these ones (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Sets-Vintage-Angel-Chimes-Musical-Whirling-Table-Centerpiece-Candles-/150696415102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231634cf7e) (despite being made in the USA!) look a bit different? Good luck in your angelic chimey searches, anyway!

Kat

alter Knabe
14th November 2011, 14:16
Hi Superkat, and thanks for your post. I never thought to look at E-Bay and several of those offered are just like our "vintage" chimes, purchased sometime in the 40's by my in-laws. Anyway, I finally took a look at ours (my wife had hidden it away) and saw that with a bit of soldering it could be restored to perfect working order. And I fixed it just today! Thanks for your post and research on E-Bay.

alter Knabe

superkat
15th November 2011, 10:55
Brilliant, I'm very glad that yours hasn't quite given up the ghost yet!

Happy soldering ;) :)