PDA

View Full Version : new bee

Benny Lava
14th December 2011, 18:44
Hello! I am very new to German and I am using the Rosetta Stone. I am so new that I cant even post this in German but I am looking forward to learning quickly.

Heide
14th December 2011, 20:19
Hallo Benny!

Herzlich willkommen im Forum! There are a lot of people here who will be glad to help you with your German. :) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about what you are learning with Rosetta Stone. Try writing in German, even if you can write only very elementary sentences. When you do write in German, add 'kw', which stands for "Korrekturen willkommen", if you want your German corrected.

Wir freuen uns, dass du dieses Forum gefunden hast. (We're glad that you found this forum.)
Viel Spaß beim Deutschlernen! (Have fun learning German!)

Benny Lava
18th December 2011, 21:02
Danke, Heide! ..like i said i just started with rosetta stone, but i have friends that speak German as a first language. some of the things i learn from rosetta stone contradict their speech... i learned "swanzig" and they say "swansich"...should i be worried about this? Bitte mir helfen! Ich wollen lernen! kw!!!!

Robin
19th December 2011, 02:25
Zwanzig and other words on -ig may be pronounced with a /k/ or with a /ch/ sound, even with a /sh/ sound in some regions. There are great regional variations in pronunciation even of High German. It is generally possible for a native speaker of German to know which area of Germany another German comes from just by listening to his pronunciation.

insanoflex
20th December 2011, 20:06
In that case, you should be careful if one of them decides to correct you. I've been corrected both ways before!

Robin
21st December 2011, 01:10
Nobody corrects me, I'm German. ;)

insanoflex
21st December 2011, 10:38
Well, I thought is was obvious that.. uh nevermind.